As a leading supplier of windows in Toronto, we carry and install a wide range of high-quality and affordable windows. The Aluminum windows we carry are totally custom size, smooth sash with different kinds of window styles, and multiple choice of exterior and interior finish. All of our aluminum windows are manufactured based on Canadian standards and energy efficiency.
Thinner aluminum frames are typically finished in smooth or textured powder-coated enamel for an ultimately sleeker, modern appearance that is more conducive to fitting in with contemporary architectural styles. Aluminum frames are stronger than vinyl frames.
If a home has extremely large windows, aluminum frames are generally used. Their strength and structural integrity make them ideal for handling larger sizes. This strength also translates to a higher degree of impact resistance—key for homeowners who live in the path of frequent hurricanes.
Here at Window & Door Specialist, all types of windows such as Fixed windows, single Slider windows, Casement windows, and Awning windows are available. Each project is unique and different; all of our windows would be a custom size that catches your desired style with some standard colors. If you would like to have better efficiency triple pane glasses with higher LowE coating are available. We not only cover the Richmond Hill area but also serve the Greater Toronto Area. We are closer to you than you think. With just one simple call then you would have an expert consultation in your home for free!
Primary Functions of Aluminum Windows
The primary function of a window is to admit daylight and provide a view but these days windows are one of the important elements of a building therefore additional performance requirements include:
- Fire safety
- Energy Efficiency
- Provision of ventilation
- Resistance to sound transmission.
- Strength, stability, and airtightness
- Durability and freedom from maintenance
Advantages of Aluminum Windows
Aluminum windows are often associated with businesses and commercial structures and tend to have a characteristic industrial look and feel. Aluminum windows for your home take the benefits of commercial windows and offer longevity and reliability you won’t see with vinyl or wooden windows.
- Lifetime – Aluminum windows are built strong and are incredibly durable. Aluminum windows are built to last and have a longer lifetime than vinyl windows. If properly cared for and maintained, you can get anywhere from 40-50 years from your windows.
- Energy Efficiency advancements – An aluminum window that is double-glazed can be just as energy-efficient as vinyl windows. Additional coatings can be applied to help with energy efficiency and insulation can be enhanced with thermal breaks that prevent a great deal of cold and heat transfer to and from the inside of your home.
- Better Security – The most important reason to use Aluminum windows in high-rise buildings is security. Aluminum is a stronger and more durable material than vinyl and offers structural advantages due to its build strength. Also, the quality and design of locks can help increase the levels of security of your windows.
- Stronger than vinyl windows – If you want a window that has larger glass or protection against the elements, aluminum windows are stronger than vinyl windows and are the better option. To get the same level of protection as a vinyl window, the costs jump as much as 25-30%, making vinyl a more expensive option compared to aluminum windows.
- More modern styling – the look of aluminum is sleek and modern with different finishes and color options available to a homeowner looking for something beyond the status quo. Less framework and slimmer profiles deliver more streamlined contemporary aesthetics vs bulky vinyl windows. Aluminum frames also allow for larger glass panes, better views, and more light inside your home.
Aluminum window Types
If you prefer the highest levels of security, strength, durability, and value to your home, along with modern style options – then aluminum windows may be best for your space. Whether it’s a commercial window or a residential window. The major types of aluminum windows that are used nowadays include: Awning Windows, Casement Windows, Slider Windows, and Tilt and Turn Windows.
Window & Door Specialist offers comprehensive high-quality aluminum windows for new construction and renovation projects in commercial and residential developments.
We are pleased to cooperate with architects, consultants, and construction managers to provide the most efficient aluminum window solutions for any commercial and residential project.
Aluminum Window Installation
A quality installation is as important as a quality window. We have a saying at The Window & Door Specialist that the window is only as good as the installation. We take pride in providing the highest quality installations using the latest techniques and superior materials. Our replacement Aluminum windows in Greater Toronto Area are effectively weather-sealed to prevent airflow when closed, they provide excellent ventilation when open. These window units close tightly and provide a solid seal that delivers high thermal performance.
With more than 30 years of successful presence in this industry, we know all the concerns of our customers. The Window and Door Specialist employs a team of professional installers dedicated to providing expert installation and service.
If you are looking for high quality and more traditional windows at lower prices we also offer our affordable vinyl windows based on your custom design and size for your home as well as Energy-Star certified windows. We have provided a diversity of high-quality vinyl (UPVC) windows, Wooden windows, and Aluminum windows from the top Canadian manufacturer such as Window City, Vinylbuilt, Vinyl window Design VWD, Loewen, and KV windows. These windows are some of the most popular in the Greater Toronto Area market today.